Want to help? We’d love to hear from you.
If you have time to volunteer and enjoy working in the outdoors with animals/horses, plus enjoy helping people, Southland RDA would love to hear from you.
Currently we provide rehabilitative and recreational riding on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but we also need help with feeding out and taking care of our horses on the other days of the week.
You don’t have to be really experienced with either horses or working within the disability sector as we’ll provide training and ongoing support to ensure you get the most out of your volunteer experience.
It helps too if you have the following attributes:
- A reasonable degree of fitness
- Ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to follow instructions
- Are unafraid of horses, even if you’re not experienced in handling them
- Your own transport. We are situated in Otatara, slightly off the beaten track (184 Erskine Road, Otatara).
If you’d like to know more, please get in touch with our Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org